We welcome 3rd Party Test Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
PumpWorks provides pump performance and mechanical testing at our manufacturing plants in Tyler, Shreveport and Houston. We utilize state-of-the-art monitoring and data collection software to test across the pump’s operating region.
View our Facilities Testing Brochure to learn more.
Pump Testing Software
We utilize custom designed PLC based automated pump testing software (APTS) that allows all system parameters to be monitored and controlled from a central control station, thus achieving and maintaining specific operating conditions. This enables data from calibrated precision electronic sensors to be collected and recorded for use in determining pump performance.
Pump Testing Equipment and Facility Capabilities
- Test flow up to 30,000 gpm
- Discharge pressure up to 5,000 psi
- 40,000 gallon supply tanks rated from full vacuum to 100 psi
- 460 volt through 800 HP
- 4,160 volt over 600 HP through 8,000 HP
- Calibrated flow, pressure, vibration, torque, temperature and speed measuring equipment
- Variable frequency drive for precise speed control through 4,000 HP @ 460 volts
- Solid stage soft start for low impact motor starting over 600 HP through 8,000 HP @ 4,160 volts
- Test motors through 4,000 HP
- Calibrated magnetic flowmeters 2″, 6″, 10″ & 36” monitor flow through 30,000 GPM
- Three ranges of calibrated torque couplings provide data to calculate brake horsepower and efficiency. Precision speed measurement (RPM) collected with an advanced laser speed ring assembly
- NPSHR test accomplished through the use of a vacuum pumps
- On-site electronic meteorological grade barometer provides data to accurately calculate NPSHR
- Baseplate mounted units can be tested using job motor
- PumpWorks test procedures based on API 610 and Hydraulic Institute criteria
- Standards can be modified to meet specific customer requirements